Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Why is this man so happy?


Maybe he's happy because it's a beautiful day in Seattle in 1962 (July 26 to be precise). Maybe it's because he's at Century 21, the 1962 Seattle World's Fair. Or maybe it's because he enjoyed the exhibits at the Bell System Pavilion just behind him. The signs on the wall list wonder such as "Data Phones" and "Bell Solar Batteries". This fair was the first public demonstration of the new Touch Tone dialing system we all take for granted today.

I'm happy about Seattle as well. I'll be up there at the end of this month signing copies of my new book on the fair. I'll be posting more about that shortly.

And yes, I do intend to post more than I did last year. It looks like I was MIA since October. Wow, where does time go? It's easy to miss a day, have good intentions to make it up the next day, then before you know it, days turn into weeks, and weeks into months...

Well, here's hoping for more consistency in 2011. Happy New Year, by the way!

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment