Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Looking forward to Seattle!!



Next week I'm heading to Seattle for some book signings to publicize my newest book, which by no coincidence is about the 1962 Seattle World's Fair. So, to help get in the mood I thought I would post a shot I enjoyed of the Fair. This one should be of particular interest to fellow photography buffs as it shows "Morley's Miniature Camera Shop". Morley was the official photographic licensee for Century 21 and this image captured a few of the many products he had available. In the background and overhead is the Union 76 Skyride. I'm not sure why the young lady was wearing this particular outfit but it fits in nicely with the colors of the Skyride station.

In case any readers of this blog are in the Seattle area here's where you can find me:

Thursday, January 27 at 7:00 pm: Barnes & Noble, 2675 NE University Village Street, Seattle, WA 98105

Friday, January 28 from Noon – 2:00 p.m.: Seattle Museum of Mysteries, 623 Broadway E., Seattle, WA 98102

Saturday, January 29 at 2:00 pm: Elliott Bay Books, 1521 Tenth Avenue, Seattle WA 98122

Sunday, January 30 at 2:00 p.m.: Borders, 2437 Southcenter Mall, Tukwila WA 98188

Hope to see you there - even if you don't buy a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment