Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ever visit the Wigsphere?

"The Simpsons" has been on television for 22 years so far. To date I have seen exactly one episode, which puts me at great disadvantage in doing crossword puzzles. Ever notice how many clues from that show are used in puzzles?

Anyway, I digress. The one episode I've seen is "Bart Takes a Trip", during which he and some friends decide to visit the Knoxville World's Fair. Well, that was a great idea, but their guidebook was several years old and the fair was long gone. When they get their they find the Sunsphere is now called the Wigsphere, for it holds thousands of unsold wigs. One of the kids throws a rock at it in disgust, only to watch in horror as the tower falls to the ground.

It was a fun world's fair reference. I wonder if the writers had seen the fair back in the good old days?

No comments:

Post a Comment